Addressing Complex Functionalities
Performance bottlenecks are common and can happen in Batch job processing or within the UI. These problems often lead to slow system response time, system crashes, functionality issues, and poor user adoption. Complex enterprise applications require significant specialty to get the most from them and to keep them healthy and operating at peak performance.
This blog talks about approaches to troubleshooting system slowness issues and finding appropriate solutions. Customers often experience slowness with jobs such as Settlement, Valuations, customizations, or even certain application views. Below are some of the factors that contribute to system slowness:
Default SQL Server & Database Settings
Sub-Optimal Grid Configuration
Poorly designed extensions/ code
Inefficient SQL Queries
Redundant/Overlapping Grid Scheduled Jobs
Inadequate Hardware Resources, etc.
Value Creed's Approach
To address these issues, Value Creed proposes to start by understanding the pain points of the customer around Performance. Depending on the nature of the case, troubleshoot the issue using the various tools provided by your CTRM software and Microsoft (SQL Server Monitoring, App server monitoring, etc.). Database tuning and addressing implicit conversions (also called data type conversions) resolve the performance issues for the most part and make the system super-responsive.
Value Creed has a proven record of analyzing and resolving serious performance issues following a systematic approach. Upon completion, the team will provide a detailed report with the results of each test, an overall rating of your CTRM health, and a few recommendations for system maintenance.
Configuring Troubleshooting Checks
Here are two cases of how Value Creed can assist you in addressing common issues. Various other troubleshooting checks can be taken depending on the complexity of the issue. These configurations in most cases have a positive impact throughout the system.
General slowness of the Database from Valuations
- Identify the offending SQL that’s causing the blocking and review its execution plan for optimal indexing
- Review the database configurations (Parameterization, Max DOP, Query Cost Threshold, etc.) and adjust the settings based on the hardware resources allocated to the DB Server
- Analyze the origin of the query and re-write (in case of a CE)
- Check if implicit conversions are causing the issue
- Review valuation modes, and segments for optimum configuration
- Review business process/scenario
Poor user experience of GUI
- Check if Live Data is the culprit in the specific view.
- Check the Grid configuration for optimal User-request processing.
- Review IIS configurations
- Check the user session load balancing settings.
- See if SQL server has to perform intrinsic conversions frequently, etc.
Ensuring Peak Performance
Additionally, Value Creed can leverage the information from Valuation Statistics view to better optimize jobs running on the grid such as settlement, credit, etc. Troubleshooting can have several advantages for your business operations:
Ready to Explore Upgrading Your CTRM?
Leverage a partner with best-in-class functional and technical expertise to manage and deploy your upgrade on time and on budget.