Capital Power is a power producer that develops, acquires, owns, and operates power generation facilities across North America. While they are well-established with effective business processes in place, they need to continually maximize efficiency to maintain their competitive edge. That means keeping complex system platforms, like their CTRM solution, current with the latest functionalities.
Manny Neupane, Director Applications & Business Intelligence, understood that an upgrade would extend the life of Capital Power’s CTRM platform. But in the past, consultants they’d contracted to support an upgrade did not understand the product well and seemed to be learning on the fly.
Successfully executed an agile CTRM platform upgrade using right-size expertise
Maximized business process efficiency with latest platform enhancements
Added 5-7 years to their CTRM solution and avoided costly future reimplementations
Aligned CTRM system with current goals and markets
Manny and his team wanted to maximize the value of Capital Power’s existing CTRM investment, while minimizing or avoiding the usual headaches of a large system upgrade. These included:
- Consultants they’d worked with in the past did not have the right expertise
- The typical one-size-fits-all delivery model for upgrade services was not a fit, and even forced them to accept services they didn’t need
- New business opportunities such as expanding into new commodity sectors were not feasible without upgrading to the new release of the CTRM platform
CTRM Platform Solution
Capital Power needed to nimbly execute an upgrade by leveraging their in-house expertise and partnering with a firm capable of coming alongside their team to create a win-win to optimize investment while minimizing business disruption.
Value Creed offered a very agile delivery model, so Capital Power reached out to secure right-sized CTRM expertise and services. Working closely with Manny, Value Creed helped Capital Power achieve their goals by…
- Working closely with Manny’s team to define and execute an efficient upgrade process
- Supporting a targeted, agile upgrade process based on iterative testing and validation
- Providing well matched, highly experienced, and highly available expert support
- Enabling the Capital Power team to quickly fix issues and clear milestones with the assistance of a dual time-zone team working round-the-clock
- Upgrading Capital Power’s CTRM platform functionality to meet their specific work process needs, including an updated ICE interface and enhancements to the power and environmental commodities modules
- Simplifying business processes to limit logistics management of emissions and environmental commodities
- Replacing outdated workarounds within the system with new, platform-native capabilities
Value Creed Services Mobilized:
CTRM Upgrades & Enhancements
Customer-first service to bring your upgrades online quickly and seamlessly, with minimal disruption of your workflow. Dedication that outperforms vendors.
Expertise On Demand
Functional and technical expertise enabling product enhancements to be leveraged by in-house staff instantly upon upgrade completion.
Exhaustive Q/A testing and in-depth cross training ensured user acceptance and project success.
After completing the upgrade, Manny and his team are getting new value out of their CTRM platform. They have extended the life of their CTRM solution and can avoid an expensive full reimplementation in the future. Now they are able to increase efficiency, update their approach to evolving markets, and have peace of mind knowing their system is current and relevant to business goals.
Overcoming the Myths and Mastering the Mayhem of CTRM Upgrades
Hear from Manish Neupane, Director of Applications with Capital
Power describe his journey to CTRM Upgrade success with Value Creed’s team.
Upskill Your CTRM Upgrade Preparation
Important posts defining key points for each step in the process
Upgrade Your Software Without Missing a Beat
Value Creed’s process eliminates the training period
We involve users from the beginning so they understand the software’s capabilities and interfaces. This compresses the learning curve and all but eliminates the weeks-long training period that is “par for the course” for vendors and our competitors.